All our minerals and crystals are carefully measured with digital measuring instruments that provide the high accuracy of numbers/values!
- You will receive exactly this Rhodochrosite Egg – 50mm x 39mm / 2 x 1 9/16 Inches; 125g / 4.4 oz (see photo, stand included)!
- Rhodochrosite is a manganese carbonate mineral that ranges in color from light pink to bright red. It is found in a small number of locations worldwide where other manganese minerals are usually present. Specimens with a wonderful pink color are used to produce highly desirable gemstones. Rhodochrosite is rarely found as well-formed crystals that can be extremely valuable as mineral specimens.
- Chemical Composition: MnCO3; Hardness: 3.5 – 4; Color: Bright red, hot pink, light pink, orange-red, brown, gray; may also be banded light and dark pink.
- Rhodochrosite is one of the prettiest and desirable of all minerals. Its deep red and hot pink crystals are extremely sought after and good crystals command extremely high prices. When Rhodochrosite is exposed to the atmosphere, it may develop a thin film of manganese oxide on its surface. This may slightly darken the color of a specimen. Rhodochrosite sometimes alters into black manganese oxides, and black manganese oxide stains are usually associated with Rhodochrosite.
- (The above information is provided solely for informational purpose. Kindly note that all stones are offered for decorative purposes only. Please, handle your stones with great care, do not grind or crumble them, do not dip or add them into your food or drink, do not use any parts of them in any elixirs, potions, lotions etc. Always make sure you wash your hands before and after working with your crystals.)